Is It Time to Change Your Commercial Cleaning Service?
By: Keith Allred
You enter your office on Monday and discover that your floors have not been vacuumed and trash cans were missed. Your commercial cleaner has let you down again.
It’s possible that your cleaning company has lost that “attention to detail” that results in quality service night after night. Here are a few things to look for.
Signs That It May Be Time for a Change:
A commercial cleaning company should help lessen your responsibilities, not create more. Regularly missed areas and unanswered calls or emails probably mean that it’s time to start searching for a new commercial cleaning company. Here are just a few signs that indicate it may be time to look for another janitorial service.
- Do the same tasks get missed nightly? Mistakes do happen and when they do is your cleaning company quick to respond? If emails and telephone calls are not generating a response and your expectations for a clean office are repeatedly not being met, it may be time to consider another janitorial service.
- Supplies are constantly empty or low. Restocking supplies in your restrooms and break areas is an essential task for any janitorial service. If you are consistently finding your towel dispensers empty and toilet paper running out, it could be time to consider another janitorial service.
- Are you being notified regarding maintenance issues? A quality cleaning company will form a partnership with you and alert you to equipment problems. If you’re not being kept abreast of potential problems it’s time to look for someone who cares about your business.
- This one is fairly obvious: Is your office being left dirty each service night? If your cleaning company is no longer performing event the most basic cleaning tasks, it’s time to start searching for another commercial cleaner.
- Are your calls or emails being returned promptly? When you have issues that need to be addressed promptly is your cleaner quick to reply. Not receiving a quick reply (or any reply at all) is a sure sign that it’s time to start looking for another janitorial service.
- Janitorial cleaning cost. A quality commercial cleaning company should always add value and peace of mind, making the relationship a win/win for both of you.
- Do you know who to speak with when issues arise? Your janitorial contractor should be in touch with you on a regular basis. Communication is key to a successful partnership. Also make sure you have more than one way to reach out: today all companies should be reached by telephone and email and many also provide text contact for quicker response.
These are just a few areas that may point to continuing problems with your commercial cleaning service. Match carefully and makes sure you are getting what you pay for!
Like what we have posted? Leave us a comment down at the bottom, even if its just to say Hi! We would love to hear from you!